So I found this article on Psychology Today I wanted to review because as I read the article I realized that I have , in one way or another, touched on all of the points in the article. Being lucky is what it is all about!
The article I am referring to is here. Wanna guess what it is about? Although the lucky you think I am referring to could be one of the ways you do get lucky, I am talking about luck in a more general sense. More worldly sense. More practical sense.
First of all, I would like to point out that no matter how negative our society is , when we refer to luck, we are mostly and generally referring to good luck unless otherwise noted. I am not one to assume, but that is the way it is. Thankfully.
So on with the list I spoke of…
- To top the list, we start with mindfulness. To be mindful of our environment and not judgmental is an awesome way to be. But not just outside but inside, too. On a moment to moment basis knowing how you are thinking and feeling.When you are on auto pilot(living mindlessly), you are likely to miss opportunities that are right in front of you. You can live happily if you are living in a mindful mindset.
- Insightfulness is another good thing. You should know that there are two different types of knowledge-implicit and explicit. Explicit is what you learn from school and books and such. Implicit knowledge is your knowledge from experiencing and observing in your life.Both types of knowledge are necessary in life. The more the better of both. And both will help you with your level of insight. The more educated you are in both types of knowledge makes you more insightful and will grant you a higher level of social intelligence and emotional intelligence.This means you will be able to sense more intangible unspoken issues and respond better.Lucky people will find knowledge and experiences that will help them be more insightful.
- Flexibility is awesome to be. This Universe is constantly changing and you have to be able to adjust to new things always. You can’t be lucky if you are holding on to old things. You could even say that lucky people take advantage of new things and situations. I could go on for paragraphs on flexibility, but I would hope you have gotten the point.
- Along with flexibility comes proactivity. Most humans on this planet are reactive instead of proactive. But proactivity is all about being prepared for what comes next, whatever that may be. Be flexible and open to new things.I love this little quote: There are people who make things happen, people who watch things happen and people who wonder what happened. Which one are you?
- Optimism is also a grand way to be. You have got to look at the bright side of everything. There always is one. You just gotta figure out what it is. Practice being optimistic faithfully and your brain will just start doing this on its own! I gotta tell you that this means that things will fall in place in your favor much more often as well.
- How about being opportunistic? Can you spot a chance to make your world or life better? There are people who do that for a living. They are not there at the right place and time, they make where they are the right place and time. They are the lucky ones because they make their luck!
- Resiliency is something I pride myself being. It is an awesome feeling to me to be able to keep on keeping on no matter what comes my way. Think of problems as challenges and your whole mindset has changed as well as your chance of fixing it.
- And lastly is thinking outside of the box. You have to be original and not ho-hum in your way of looking at things. Look at things from new angles. It will pay off when you get noticed as you are standing out from the crowd.We are all the same in that we are different and YOU have to be different from all others if you want to make a name for yourself. that means original out of the box thinking.
So I hope this list means something to you all. Check yourself and see what you are on this list. Are you at least 6 of the 8? Can you make it happen?
Make an effort to get lucky by reflecting on this post’s bold words and get to working on being all of them. If you start on one the rest will surely follow. Depending on where you are, it may be a bit but the best way to get finished is to get started!!
I would love to hear your comments on all this and your trails own your journey of getting more lucky. Let me know in the comments and share with ones you know will benefit.