Something I need to work on and many, many others is the value of now. Right now.
Eckhart Tolle has been sharing this with the world since he published his book The Power Of Now in 1997. In 2008, he was named by the New York Times as the most popular spiritual author in the world. Eckhart is still relating to the world his message that now is it. Now is where you want to be. Why? Because to the ego, the present moment hardly exists.
So Luminita D Saviuc, founder and blogger-in-chief at PurposeFairy.com put together a rather extensive list of life lessons from this incredible and awesome spirit. I would like to share some of my favorites here.
- Wherever you are, be there totally. If you find yourself somewhere which is not necessarily to your liking i.e. place or situation, you have 3 choices: Remove yourself, change it, accept it. To fully be responsible for your life, choose one of those 3 and choose now then accept any possible consequences.
- Don’t take life so seriously. Your mind makes life so much more serious than it really is. Lighten up.
- Complaining turns you into a victim. This goes along with the first point. Complaining is non acceptance. This means you did not choose one of the 3 options that would make your life peaceful, serene and happy.
- You are a human being and not a human doing. Life is simple and rewarding when you are being. Not wanting too much, not thinking too much. Just enjoy the the joy of just being.
- We don’t see God as he is, we see God as we are. This one is compelling to me. And I still honestly have not nailed down this one. But I suppose that is part of my personal journey.
- Worry is a waste of time. What else really needs to be said? It can be said maybe a million different ways. Worry is fear of what might happen and doubt that you cannot handle whatever your are worrying about. You got this. Worry is just exacerbating.
- Seeking is the antithesis of happiness. If you are seeking, you shall never find. Just let it happen in the acceptance of your life around you by being here now.
- Whatever you fight, you strengthen, and what you resist, persists. “To offer no resistance to life is to be in a state of grace, ease, and lightness. This state is then no longer dependent upon things being in a certain way, good or bad. It seems almost paradoxical, yet when your inner dependency on form is gone, the general conditions of your life, the outer forms, tend to improve greatly. Things, people, or conditions that you thought you needed for your happiness now come to you with no struggle or effort on your part, and you are free to enjoy and appreciate them – while they last. All those things, of course, will still pass away,cycles will come and go, but with dependency gone there is no fear of loss anymore. Life flows with ease.”
- You are more than your mind. You are already complete but have been limited by your mind.
“To be identified with your mind is to be trappedin time: the compulsion to live almost exclusively through memory and anticipation.”“Boredom, anger, sadness, or fear are not ‘yours,’not personal. They are conditions of the humanmind. They come and go. Nothing that comes andgoes is you.”
So there were a few. The easy ones. And to be honest the other thoughts from the article I am relating this from went much deeper into thought. Ones which need their own specific post. But only after much thought is put into them.
So what is your favorite? Anything stand out as more life changing than others? Leave comments (and please share!) so that we could discuss with more humans.