Since I turned off the television and then disconnected the satellite, my life has effectively changed. I do my best to stay away from processed foods and tap water because of fluoride ,as well. Staying away from mainstream news and commercials is something I also do because I abhor what we as humans in this country and world have been turning into. So I am a bit rebellious…
With that being said, working to get a presence on the web and make a living doing it can be challenging when you do not conform to everyone else, as a good number of the audience is ‘sleeping’ and brainwashed.
I am not.
So forging my own trail and being myself (or working on it, anyways) was something I knew I had a calling for. I did not think of this being a rebellious act as I am more of a lover, not a fighter, but I suppose the ‘majority’ would consider my independence and awakening to be a rebellious act and a threat.
Here are the things that I have been doing. Rebellious or not, they are right. Or right for me.
- Following my passion. I have never worked a 9-5 job long term. I was bored out of my mind. I have been a writer forever it seems and especially once I learned HTML and created my first website. It was called TrkstrsPlayground. Defunct now, it was around for awhile, before I started tayappention.net. Then this site with the help of Wealthy Affiliate which has altered my life in many awesome ways. Anyways, suffice to say, that following my passion is a step away from what much of society is-damned.
- Reading and thinking for myself. I am not at all like many people I know and now I enjoy that. That wasn’t the way it always was. I have always been more of a solitude kind of guy-reading and learning. But when you read and learn more, you question more. That is obviously rebellious.
- Different interests. I do not watch sports or really get into them at all. Politics and pop culture is not really my cup of tea, either. I have learned to either ‘fake it’ really well or just totally go over the top heckling. I am also not a fan of Christmas or Valentine’s day or holidays such as those. I appease to a point and withdraw. That is in its own way a rebellion, as far as my family feels.
- Staying healthy. I am also not one to want to rely on the system. Systems such as our current healthcare system. I am sure we all have our opinions about that. I am blessed with great health and take Asea as a supplement to assure that I keep that good health. Hour long dog walks and meditation also supplement my life.
- Self acceptance. Searching for and finding who I am (I don’t think I am there yet) is important to me and threatening to modern society. Doing what I can with this blog in educating more humans to do the same is even more threatening. I am no MLK or Gandhi, but I know I have knowledge I can share and impart and I accept myself as who I am, no matter what that may end up being..
So I guess essentially this was not a how-to but how I inadvertently became a rebel. Always true in the heart I guess. As I am not fitted to be an activist. This is how I ‘rebel’. Doing what I want and writing about it. Quietly. And hoping even more humans will hear me anyways and come with me.
Please comment anything that you think relevant to my composed mutiny. I would also love shares so that some other humans my read and also realize they are a reluctant rebel.